Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Charmed Life Report

Here is a photo of me wearing the Charmed Life necklace:


For my Charmed Life adventure we decided to travel to Hanover, New Hampshire for an *Artist Date*. We stopped by the
Hood Museum, The Hop (Hopkins Center for the Arts), and the Jaffe Fried & Strauss Gallery. We also visited the best jewelry store in the upper valley, The Razzberry Kiss where they have a fabulous display of the Exalted Beauty Medallions and the Wild Flower Paintings. I was so blown away by the gorgeous presentation that I forgot to shoot some pictures! Then for the final stop on the artist date, we had to go to my absolute favorite art supply store, Bean’s, owned by my super adorable cousin Heather (who my son is head over heels in love with). I received many wonderful comments about the necklace and everyone seemed very interested in the Charmed Life story.

Here is a (TERRIBLE) picture of me and my son Caden posing with Gilbert A. Franklin’s sculpture TORSO 1963


What is the story of the Charmed Life necklace?
The Charmed Life necklace is the brainchild of artist and jewelry designer Cyndi Lavin. Cyndi invited 8 of her jewelry making friends to participate in a collaborative necklace. The group decided upon an Ocean color theme for the piece and created individual charms based on each designer’s vision of the concept.

Below is a list of the participating artists and photos their individual charms:

Me


Cyndi


Leah


Dorothy


Bobbi


Ellen


Dulcey


Illaya


Wendy


After we completed our charms, we shipped them to Cyndi and she assembled the final necklace. Each artist then took a turn wearing the necklace to a special event and took a photo wearing the piece on their outing.

Here is a link to the Charmed Life History

Cyndi plans to create a book about our Charmed Life experiences that she will give to each artist to have as a keepsake when the journey is over. My time with the necklace is the last artist stop. I will now return it to Cyndi who has scheduled the Charmed Life necklace for a showcase in a very popular jewelry magazine. After that, the necklace will be auctioned off and the funds will be donated to a breast cancer charity.

A big thank you to all of the talented women who participated in this project. It has been a wonderful experience and I am honored to have been a part of it. I’ll be back to let you know more about the publication and auction dates when I have more info.


Thanks for being a part of the Charmed Life experience!

1 comment:

Miachelle said...

The necklace turned out beautifully. I love collaborative works, to see what each person can come up with. Nicely done!