Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Cat Sculpture

Some of you have expressed an interest in seeing more of my *old* work so today I thought I would share a sculpture I made in 1999.







This sculpture is made from air dry clay, with out armatures, covered in heavy layers of copper automotive paint and industrial strength varnish. 24" H x 8" W x 24" L.This piece is the third version on a similar theme inspired by my very devilish cat “Mr. Kitty” (1991-2005). If you didn’t know my cat personally, then trust that this sculpture was a fairly accurate depiction of his form and personality.

Side Note: Mr. Kitty destroyed the first two versions of this sculpture.

2 comments:

Princess Haiku said...

These really capture the way that cats move and the essence of their personality. Very interesting.

Derek Andrews said...

Hi Amy, I don't think you were feeding it enough:)