Saturday, March 03, 2007

A Decade Ago…

I think part of figuring out where I am going to go with my work today involves seeing where I was yesterday.

Here are some examples of my paintings from my senior year at Parsons School of Design:

The Four Elements


WATER (Acrylic on Canvas Board, Completed 1996-7)


EARTH (Acrylic on Canvas Board, Completed 1996-7)


AIR (Acrylic on Canvas Board, Completed 1996-7)


FIRE (Acrylic on Canvas Board, Completed 1996-7)

One thing that has remained consistent for more then a decade is my connection to Mother Nature and my admiration for her power. I also seem to have a long running obsession with night, the full moon and spirals. You’ll have to wait to see how these elements play out in the Night Garden. :)

By the way, if you are interested, these images can be purchased from my friend Janet at Pagan Greeting Cards

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I love seeing your early stuff. Your style is so unique and it is obvious with every stroke who produced these pieces, even in the "early years"