Thursday, April 19, 2007

Floraspheres

You may have guessed from the title Florasphere, that I combined the two themes presented on the blog this week; Floral Medallions and Spheres! I decided to make bright, bold, chunky flowers with those pretty sparkly glass marbles as the centers. Not really a big surprise huh? Well those amazing new clay colors were just begging to become flora and I needed a place to put my fascinating spheres so the Florasphere collection was conceived. Brilliant huh? :)

Here is a sneak peek of the new Exalted Beauty Florasphere Medallion collection fresh from the oven:



You know what’s great? The 60’s Flower Power style is becoming hugely popular again. Perfect timing huh? It’s nice when my random obsessions happen upon current fashion trends. :)

To complete the Florasphere medallions I followed a similar staining process to the Exalted Beauty Fish Medallions and completed the flowers with a high metallic finish. I really like how the new Florasphere pieces turned out and I’m especially happy with how the marbles reflect the central color of the clay settings.


If you would like to see the finished results, then stop back here tomorrow, I plan to release the Exalted Beauty Florasphere Medallion Collection catalog in the morning!

No comments: