Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Inspired By Marbles

I came across a tin of clear glass marbles while digging around the studio the other day. I’m not sure when, where or why I bought these marbles, but there they were. For some reason I was completely intrigued and inspired. I attempted to capture their simple beauty by taking some photos:







There is definitely something magical about these glittering orbs. They look like drops of water that have captured the sun’s warmth or conversely like cool light frozen in winter’s icy cold? Maybe I’m just confused by this bizarre spring we are having here in New England? But then again, if you recall my recent
Womb Sculpture post you may already suspect that I have a long running fascination for clear spheres. Whatever the case, these marbles definitely call to me.
Are you inspired? :)

No comments: