Tuesday, May 29, 2007

THE GARDEN POST

Well, I said I would share photos of my recent garden/landscape projects, so here they are! Consider these the *Before* shots of the planting extravaganza. Uh, so be prepared to see lots of dirt. :)

The Vegetable Garden (that is now 12’ x 28’ instead of the planned 8’ x 20’~ approximately 336 square feet):


The Backyard Wildflower Bed (12’ x 50’ ~ approximately 600 square feet)
Seen from the Garden:


Seen from the Driveway:


The Front Yard Pots (Sunflowers and Dahlias)


The Side Yard Pots (Dahlias and Lavender)


The Melon Mounds (Side yard test spot for future garden/landscape project with hopes of actual melons growing in the process)


And finally, here is a photo of some of the seeds that were used for the pots and vegetable garden:




I also planted a variety of tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, squash and cucumber plants that we purchased from Edgewater Farm.


By the way, if you are interested in planting your own Wildflower Meadow (and are not interested in collecting your own seeds), I highly recommend purchasing seeds from American Meadows. I have had great success with their products and it is also an informative site where you can learn about meadow planting and individual Wildflower seed types. It isn’t too late to start your very own Wildflower meadow!

So that is what I have been up to! I am now planning to take the next week or so to (recover) think about my next art project. In the meantime, I plan to share lots of beautiful Wildflower photos, so stay tuned and check out the development of my *living painting*. :)

No comments: