Friday, May 25, 2007

Party Report and Update!

Hello Everyone!

I am so sorry for disappearing! I kind of crashed after Ro’s party – which was completely FABULOUS by the way! I had an amazing time and Ro did a wonderful job of hosting once again. The woman is a born entertainer with a very enthusiastic flair for fashion! So much crazy wild fun! I loved seeing old friends and I really enjoyed meeting all of the lovely new ladies! I am absolutely thrilled by the response to the Fish and the Darklings! The floral style medallions (from all of the collections) were the most popular still but there also seems to be a renewed interest in the more abstract shapes as well. My *Buy Three get a Round FREE Sale* continues to be a terrific sales motivator! AND I also booked another medallion party with beautiful new hostess (Julie), and I will be returning to do another party with my most amazing Mother-In-Law, Susie in a few weeks! All very good stuff!

So what is the *Update* part of this post?

Well I just wanted to let you know that I am taking a break from making medallions to work on some landscaping and gardening projects for a bit. I have a very serious case of Spring Fever and I am in extreme planting mode!

This past weekend we purchased one of those huge swing set/slide/rock climbing sets for the Wild Monkey Child, so I was motivated to conquer our very unsightly backyard *cliff*. After four days of chopping and excavating I believe I actually won the battle of woman vs. mountain! I am already very pleased with the fruits of my rather painful manual labor. I convinced myself it was a land sculpture (therefore still art) and turned our *cliff* into a slightly less steep and much more attractive slope! Fabulous! So proud! And for the real frosting on the cake, I planted the new 600 square foot space with more wildflower seed! Yay! More Flowers!

Today I have plans to plant even more inspiration! I’m planting two huge pots of Chianti Hybrid Sunflowers to frame the front door as well as six slightly smaller pots of the Victoriana Mix Dahlias. I am starting both flower types from seed, which means I plan to pot about 500 pounds of soil! Ugh! Lots of work but I am so excited to see what comes up! I like to plant the more *difficult* varieties in pots next to the house because they need tending to, unlike my theory of *survival of the fittest* in the Wildflower Meadow.

Speaking of the Wildflower Meadow, it has really been greening up out there! Sprouts are popping up like mad! It looks like all of the re-seeding efforts will pay off. I planted a mix containing over 37 varieties of seed with the hopes of having the right seed hit the right spot in which it will succeed. Why would I encourage such chaos and madness? Survival of the fittest! I have a wide variety of sun levels and soil types through out the meadow so it would have been impossible just to choose two or three flower types that would do well throughout the ½ acre spot. So I did my best to meet the needs of the land and I now have to hope Mother Nature does the rest! So far it seems to be working! Every time I check out the meadow it is a process of new discovery, I never know what’s going to show up, where! It’s all very exciting and inspirational!

This weekend we plan to plant our first vegetable garden here. It’s a relatively small plot to start, 8’ by 20’, so I’ve done some creative arranging and planning in hopes to make the most of the space. This is a new endeavor for me so wish me luck! There may be paintings of vegetable still lives in my future? Or vegetable inspired medallions? One never knows!

So that is what’s up with me. I will be giving thought to my next project and let you know as soon as I figure it out. In the meantime, I’ll be shooting some flower photos and posting those to keep you inspired while I’m busy digging in the dirt. I will also shoot some pictures of my garden/landscape projects in process for those of you who are keeping up with my *living painting*.

Inspiration has to come from somewhere – why not grow some?

Also make sure to stop back here on Monday because I have an exciting collaborative effort to share with you! You will be amazed!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Pictures are coming soon!!!

2 comments:

Miachelle said...

Glad to see you are alive...I was getting worried! :-) I will be working on a certain collaborative effort this weekend as well...big wink wink...I bought some supplies, and that collaborative effort even means my first meager attempts at soldering, as I don't want the ring your pendant will hang from to open. (Don't worry, I'm not using open flame, so the pendant should be absolutely safe and in pristine condition.) We'll what comes of my initial idea...I'm sure it will evolve as I progress on it.

Anonymous said...

Hello Amy,

I am a bud of Miachelle's and she directed me here while I was checking out the collaborative project between you two. I just wanted to let you know that I love your paintings. I really like the way you use colors and the way you present a given subject. I am not an expert in painting, or art for that matter, but I really like your style. Just wanted to let ya know.

Brandon