Friday, June 29, 2007

One Third Finished

Well it’s Friday already so it looks like I have run out of time to paint. Today is the last day to drop off work for the show. Sadly, I was only able to complete one third (11/33) of The Garden Room series. Each painting ended up taking 12-15 hours a piece so I was unable to finish as many paintings as I had hoped (unrealistic expectations). However, I am happy to say that I did end up with a set that I feel work well together for the exhibition (so there’s that). Now I have matting, framing, tagging, transporting and set up to take care of and then a busy weekend ahead. After that, The Garden Room paintings will be put on hold for a bit because I have promised to make new collections for the upcoming Exalted Beauty Medallion parties. But I do still have plans to work on the Garden Room paintings before the next exhibition coming up in mid August. So as usual, it looks like yet another crazy busy summer!

Have a fabulous weekend!
Hope to see you at the show!

No comments: