Saturday, August 04, 2007

California Poppy

Here are some photos of my home grown inspiration:

















I’m not sure if I am ever going to find the time to paint that Poppy series I mentioned during my Spring seed planting frenzy, but whatever the case, I have most definitely grown the inspiration! So I thought I’d share the results. Pretty fabulous, huh? So sweet and cheerful. I think these California Poppies have made an excellent addition to my *Living Painting*. I am looking forward to seeing what other California Poppy shades pop up over the next few weeks. I plan to continue to photograph plenty of examples of both species of poppies *just in case* I do decide to paint a series of them later. I’ll keep you posted!

I’m off to a party this afternoon, so I won’t be painting any Garden Room Squares today, but stop back in tomorrow if you would like to see more inspirational Wildflower photos! I will be back on my painting schedule Monday, well, except for Wednesday, I’ll be updating Exalted Beauty Medallion stock at The Razzberry Kiss, but really, other then that, lots of painting this week, I promise! The Cornish Fair Art Show drop off deadline is in 10 days!

No comments: