Wednesday, August 01, 2007

THE GARDEN ROOM GALLERY

I’m attempting to get back into The Garden Room painting series this week. So, in order to get back into the swing of things; I decided to put together a gallery of the completed Garden Room Squares!

Click HERE to visit THE NEW GARDEN ROOM GALLERY!!!

Why am I putting up The Garden Room Gallery before the series of 33 Squares is completed?
Um, well, I thought it would be interesting to watch the series grow square by square?
Nah, mostly this is about self inflicted psychological torture! I secretly created the web gallery to motivate myself to complete the Garden Room painting series. How will the unfinished gallery affect my mental health? If you know me, then you already know I have real *issues* with leaving things hanging. Meaning; I’m definitely NOT one of those people who has a bunch of unfinished projects lying about, as I have (undiagnosed) OCD. Stuff like that actually makes me frothing at the mouth insane! :)

Why make myself crazy over some paintings? Well, I have honestly had AMAZING feedback on the first 11 Garden Room paintings so far, so I feel completing the remaining 22 paintings will be worth while… but the main problem here is that I am seriously running out of steam. I’m exhausted! We have had a really crazy summer with lots of out of town day trips, parties as well as a multitude of other various family get togethers scheduled every weekend. Not to mention my enormous work load, but really, who counts that? :) And Hello! It's SUMMER! Who can concentrate? I know, I know, excuses, excuses! Although, I’m sure most of you can relate and can understand why it has been difficult to stay enthused and focused in my limited work hours.

Anyway, so now the deed is done. I have made my big GARDEN ROOM GALLERY announcement; all of the wretched *unfinishedness* is up there for the entire world to see! Oh dear! So, on with it! Here’s to self inflicted insanity, caffeinated ambition and the need to follow the inner voice; that evil, sadistic, part of the self that drives one to continue, even when one is already WAY past her limits! :)


Please wish me luck! I'm going to need it! :)

[Side Note: The immediate goal is to have a brand new set of 6 Garden Room Squares completed in time for the Cornish Fair Art Show drop off deadline: August 14th!]


No comments: