Thursday, November 08, 2007

HYSTERIKOS

Hysterikos: Gr hysterikos, suffering in the womb

So you caught me, as much as I have tried not to think about it, it appears that I’m still obsessing… but this isn’t a new obsession, I have had Uterus on the brain for most of my adult life. I’ve found it helps me to create art from these thoughts and feelings. Here are some abstract Uterus pieces from a series I painted in 1998 entitled, Hysterikos:











If you would like to learn more about my Uterine thoughts from that time period, read “
Chapter 9 UTERUS” from my book Dissecting The Western Woman Artist; An Artist's Dialogue

On a related note, check out this great site:
Screaming Uterus

Enjoying the female body part art theme? Go to this site:
BIOEPHEMERA

So what does all of this Uterus stuff have to do with my current Uterus on the Brain syndrome? Well, I’m attempting to prepare you for the fact that I just made a whole collection of Exalted Beauty Uterus Medallions! Uh oh, I can hear your reactions, I know what you’re thinking… but really, don’t jump to conclusions, wait until you see them before you begin to form your opinions. Come back later today, I’ll post a sneak peek!

No comments: