Friday, November 16, 2007

Side Tracked

I was planning to bead/photograph/catalog the new Uterus Medallions this week but I got completely side tracked while entertaining my son with his recent Shrinky Dink craft project. I had an overwhelming urge to play too! So what happened? Well, I came up with a new “Stained Glass Medallion” design that I’m planning to call the “Black Ink Botanicals”. A mouthful, I know, but accurately described. I’m open for title suggestions! Anyway, here is a picture of the work in progress:



As you can see, I still have up the *Thinking Wall* from the Botanical Bioform series, so it probably won’t be a surprise to hear what the primary source of inspiration has been. :) Here is a closer look at some of the Shrinky Dink rounds before baking:



I’m still working on the drawings and seriously debating about the addition of color… And quite frankly, after working the countless hours sniffing Sharpie fumes, I’m feeling some trepidation about baking them. The last time, creating the “Stained Glass Medallion” collection, there was only about a %50 survival rate on the finished pieces. Not good. Eventually, I’ll get brave enough to risk it. Please wish me luck!

1 comment:

Miachelle said...

I really like the black and white work-it's beautiful. I haven't been here in a few days, so I didn't see the new medallion collection. To be honest, I haven't made my mind up about them yet. I completely understand the impetus behind the design, the design and colors are beautiful like always...I'm still just pondering the whole concept. By the way, my two necklaces were photographed along with 3 others for publication in the Dec isue of one of our local community magazines. I have to say, the photographer did a fabulous job. I'll send you pix as soon as I can.