Tuesday, March 04, 2008

N.A.W.A. Submission

Here is what I submitted to the latest N.A.W.A. exhibition competition*Art Envisions Science* at the New York Hall of Science:



“Botanical Bioform Set 1”
By
Amy E. Fraser
Medium: Acrylic Paint on 140#, Acid Free, Archival Watercolor Paper.
Size: Matted and Framed 21” x 21”



“Botanical Bioform Set 2”
By
Amy E. Fraser
Medium: Acrylic Paint on 140#, Acid Free, Archival Watercolor Paper.
Size: Matted and Framed 21” x 21”

As you can see, my submission consists of two four blocks of the Garden Room Squares. Much to my surprise, there was a size minimum of 16” x 20”. One of the top submission suggestions for this competition was Botanical Paintings so I had hoped to submit some of the most recent Garden Room Squares, but 8.25” x 8.25” wasn’t going to make the size minimum. Very disappointing, but after some initial frustration over the news, unwilling to just forget about it, I gave it some thought and made some calls. Thankfully I received the answers I wanted to hear. I was given the OK by N.A.W.A headquarters to combine some of my smaller paintings together to be considered as one piece. Yay! Then I contacted my fabulously talented cousin Heather from Bean’s and she assured me that it would be a snap to design a custom mat to fit my specifications. Yay! Then, last but not least, I ordered some custom frames that arrived here Friday… but that I have been way too busy (and too nervous?) to open! So hopefully it will all work out, now I just need to get accepted. Oh yeah, that! Um, can someone tell me WHY I am adding all of this extra stress to my life? Ugh. I promised myself I was going to wait until Caden entered Kindergarten… but a year and a half seems so very far away…

So what do you think of my entries?

I’ll let you know what happens, either way, as soon as I receive notification. Wish me luck!

No comments: