Monday, May 19, 2008

Planting Hiatus

Here’s a photo the 12+ pounds of seed I’ll be using for my planting projects:



I am taking a break from the blog posts as well as from the creation of new paintings and medallions for a short time. I’ll be using this *break* to plant more seeds in the Living Painting! But do not worry; I will still be available to process on-line medallion orders, to answer urgent e-mails and for the booking and planning of Exalted Beauty Medallion parties. However, the majority of my time will be dedicated to the Living Painting project (out of necessity). I have over 12 pounds of Wildflower seeds to get in the ground in a very short time span! As you can see from the photo above, I went a little crazy with my order of Lupine, Shasta Daisy, Chicory, Poppy, Batchelor Button, Sunflower, Cone Flower, Cosmo and Zinnia seeds! Insane, right? I know, but can you really put a price on inspiration? I am truly passionate about my wildflowers and I can’t express how excited I am to see my vision come to fruition! Every year I get that much closer to creating the landscape I’ve dreamt of! As you can see from the seed jars above, I’ve conjured up my special “meadow mix” and now that the weather looks safe, time is of the essence! We have a vegetable garden to get underway, a wildflower garden in the back yard to repair (winter erosion), two big new Poppy gardens to build in the front yard (which the Mr. graciously dug out with the help of young Pirate Skunk Beard on Sunday), a HUGE new Mammoth Grey Stripe sunflower plot (which will most likely end up as squirrel food), a new special annual varieties potted section (selected single color Zinnias, Tahoka and African Daisies, etc.), the return of the Mixed Autumn shades sunflower fence (as well as Tangerine, Velvet, Chianti, Moonwalker and Mexican varieties), and some serious reconstruction and replanting in the main ½ acre wildflower meadow! Obviously I have some heavy duty gardening on the agenda! It is probably overly ambitious for one wee, out of shape, woman to achieve but I’m definitely going to give it my best! I think it can be accomplished with some *assistance* from the Mr. and the Pirate. But even with loads of help, there will be lots of hard core, back breaking, manual labor for me over the next few weeks. These extensive planting projects are going to keep me very busy (and probably completely incapacitated) for a while, so in the meantime, please feel free to study the Botanical Inspiration and the Living Painting photographs previously presented here (while I am off laboring in the fields!). And don’t forget to let Cyndi know what inspires you this week so you can win a FREE Exalted Beauty Medallion! When I come back, I hope to introduce you to my next big art endeavor! Think: Flowers! Stay Inspired! I’ll be back, leaner, meaner and ready to get my art on!

1 comment:

Ashish said...

Hi,

Wanted to email you, but could not locate your email address on the blog. We have 2 cool widgets ( a slideshow widget and a content widget) which can help enhance site interaction and reader's experience. Please contact me at balduaashish2@gmail.com to know more.

Thanks
Ashish Baldua