Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Nature of Things

I have a bit of a dilemma; I REALLY need some help choosing two paintings from The Poppy Series to submit to the upcoming juried N.A.W.A. competition: “The Nature of Things”. All accepted works are chosen on the basis of quality and how well they conform to the thematic suggestion of “The Nature of Things”.

The curator Dorothy Cochran writes: “Fall is a transitional time of year, giving rise to contemplation on a variety of matters – the beauty of nature’s last displays before winter, reevaluations of one’s everyday activities, energy to begin new endeavors after summer’s reprieve and a positioning of one’s creativity in the larger universe. As one meditates and responds to the theme of “The Nature of Things”, one can even evoke how the world will change based on events that will take place in the future.”

The selected art pieces will be exhibited in October at the very desirable location of the Treasury Room Gallery at the Interchurch Center in New York City. I would be thrilled to have the chance to exhibit at this venue but I’m feeling at a loss as to what to submit? I think I’m too close to the work to have an objective opinion about it at this point. I would be extremely grateful to hear whatever opinions you would be willing to share about the Poppy Paintings and your choice of submission picks. The pieces need to be chosen as soon as possible! I have to mail in the application by Thursday the 19th (even though the actual postmark deadline is the 23rd). We have a fully booked weekend ahead, with no opportunities for me to create new work Friday through Monday, so a choice must be made from the Poppy Paintings presented here until Thursday morning. Meaning, I’m still working and have a few more Poppy paintings on the way but the choice has to made sooner then later! Your thoughts would be sincerely appreciated!

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Well yes, I'd say you have quite a dilemma. I went to look at the Poppy Paintings to cast my vote, and I can't!! I love them all! So good luck choosing. Every one is beautiful.