Thursday, June 19, 2008

Poppy Painting Gallery

OMG! Drama drama! I don’t know about you but when I’m stressed out and have a deadline, I usually add stuff to my agenda rather then making my life simple so I can just get the things I HAVE to do, done! Well, inevitably, when I have an art deadline I always have social engagements planned around the same time as well. The events are difficult to juggle because summer is when we New Englanders all get together, so one should plan accordingly, right? Yeah, right. Anyway, so my drama? We have a party to go to Friday night and are having guests over throughout the weekend. Like most people, we like to use these visits as motivators to get home and garden projects completed. Well, in the midst of the chaos that is my life, I decided I should get our outside doors painted. Carpenter Dave did a fabulous job completing those new porches, so it seemed like a shame not to finish them off, right? Oh my, have I mentioned my competition/exhibition deadlines? Yeah, I’m way stressed and I’m also way behind on the weed invasion happening in my 8 new gardens. Ugh. So of course I chose the most time consuming frivolous project I could find! Long story short; it was a very bad idea; 4 streaky green doors (that the Mr. hates!), an escaped cat and a severely twisted ankle later… oh, too short? You will have to use your imagination! Think: wet paint, open doors, a former stray cat, an unhelpful 4 1/2 year old (who is apparently NOT good in an emergency situation), add screaming hopping woman, lurching through forest to save frightened feline and you have a pretty good idea about what happened. The comedic play by play is long and embarrassing so I’ll save you the details, but to sum it up, I’m really hurting, the doors are a mess, my house is a mess, and I’ll have to hop through my events over the weekend! But thank goodness our darling Jasmine is safe and sound back in the house. Argh! She obviously has no idea about the dangers lurking in our yard!

What does the above have to do with a Poppy Painting Gallery? Absolutely nothing! But, in the midst of this chaos I decided I also needed to set up the
Poppy Painting Gallery (apparently I wanted even more stress in my life!). So here is the link to the NEW Poppy Painting Gallery! I am glad it is set up but the timing couldn’t have been worse! So – ME!

Anyway, I didn’t really start this post with the intention of venting my big drama. I actually intended to give a gigantic thank you to all of you who took the time to offer submission suggestions! Your opinions and support are greatly appreciated! Many of you agreed that it was a difficult choice, mostly due to the ambiguity of the thematic suggestion, and everyone seemed to have a different favorite, but in the end, the consensus seemed to lean toward “Dark Confession” and “Autumn Encroaches” for “The Nature of Things” competition. The application is in the mail (phew!) and now I need to move on to the next two events. I’m SO happy that you chose the other pieces as well because I need a lot more work to submit to the next 3 events. First up is the 19th Annual Art Show in Plainfield (6 paintings due Tuesday July 1st), then AVA Gallery and Art Center’s Fifteenth Annual Juried Summer Exhibition (2 paintings due July 7th) and shortly after that the Cornish Art Show (6 more paintings due in August). What? Me? Stress? No of course not!

Thank you again for your support!
Have a great weekend!

No comments: