Sunday, June 08, 2008

Woodland Walks

I’ve had a wonderful time enjoying my Planting Hiatus. There was lots of dirty sweating, aches, pains, injuries and blisters to be had, but the sense of achievement usually outweighed the bad. I’m happy to report that I accomplished *most* of my planting goals and I even added a few new garden projects. I plan to share pictures but Carpenter Dave is still busy building our new front portico and back stoop, so I’ll hold off on the home and garden photography until the construction is completed.

In the meantime I thought I’d share some natural goodness from the woodland walks that Caden and I went on in-between projects. While we were out stretching our muscles, escaping the carpentry noise and generally enjoying the peace and quiet, we discovered that Mother Nature has been very busy. Check out these beautiful woodland wildflowers: