Monday, September 22, 2008

Carnival Birthday Party!

I guess you’ve probably been wondering what happened to me? Well I ran off to join the carnival of course! Want to know what happened? Grab a cuppa something and take a seat, I’m about to take you on a weird and wonderful journey of whimsy and childhood wishes…

Off in the country there is a secret place, a magical carnival grounds that only a few people know about. It’s a well kept secret; as you can see, the entrance doesn’t look like much…



But driving closer reveals a clearer picture of a giant sign that reads…



“Welcome to Caden’s Carnival!”

Further and further up, as you are about to reach the top of the mountain, a glorious crop of Dahlias appears still in full bloom, a true festival of light and color, one wonders, is this beautiful sight Caden’s Carnival?





Perhaps not, then you take notice of the house, which after such a long trek up a big mountain, really appears to be quite an ordinary house, that is until you notice that it is heavily guarded by giant mammoth sunflowers…



They appear to be dozing but one gets the strange feeling that they could awake and uproot themselves at any given moment…



Not that that’s possible of course… so you enter the house and are immediately confronted by a ticket booth



Edging closer to the booth…

Out of nowhere a little green carnival barker appears!



“Tickets! Tickets! Get your tickets for Caden’s Carnival!” After receiving the tickets you walk into what should have been a living room, but instead stands an amazing big top filled with presents!





Coming closer you see stacks and stacks of brightly colored fuzzy clown hats!



And fantastic carnival goody boxes tagged with all of the carnival attendants names!





Wow! Can it get better then this? Well of course it does! Suddenly, delicious scents waft your way dragging your attention away from the big top…



To a row of giant carnival food stands!



Get your Popcorn! Cotton Candy! Caramel Apples! Roasted Peanuts!



Beautiful carousels full of carnival cupcakes! Circus Peanuts!

Side Show Snacks! Carousel Horses!







Clown Lollipops!



Bushels of Caramel Apples!



Oh My! After having all the scrumptious treats you can handle, you walk out to the midway to see all the carnival games, side shows and events.

There was a photo booth where you could have your photo taken while posing as a beautiful trapeze artist or the strong man



Or you could play the penny toss and the ring toss



Or perform with the Amazing Cadenini and his bunch of wild monkeys on the jungle gym…





After a while you notice the crowds returning back to the big top and food stands, it was time to celebrate the guest of honor’s birthday with a giant big top cake!



Everyone joyously sang Happy Birthday to Caden and then he huffed and he puffed



And blew all of the candles out!



And then everyone gazed upon the cake cutting with avid interest, watching and wondering, waiting to see if I could keep the 12 luscious layers together in those towering slices!



Ta Da! Magic!



The carnival crowd then enthusiastically ate and talked and ate some more…









And then it was time for Caden to open his birthday presents



He opened…



and opened…



and opened some more until…



He pretty much went insane and we’ll skip over the rest until this part where he and the other carneys crashed in a heap from extreme sugar overload…



And that’s exactly what happened... pretty much! :)

The End.

Is it just me or did it seem like that place was staffed by a bunch of monkeys? :)


I hope you enjoyed this presentation of Caden’s Carnival! A wonderful time was had by all and Caden will have the fun filled memories for a lifetime!

So that’s what I’ve been up to! If you can’t tell from the photos, I’ve been rather consumed (OBSESSED) with making Caden’s Carnival decorations and food over the past few weeks, but as soon as I recover, I’ll get back into the Exalted Beauty studio to fill you in on the latest art happenings. New Exalted Beauty Medallion collections are on the way as well as some upcoming painting exhibitions! Stay tuned!

23 comments:

Lynne said...

Looks like fun was had by all. You did a wonderful job, I am so sorry I missed it.

I totally want one of those pimp hats! LOL

Your creativity is unrivaled. I think perhaps you should be an extremely high end party planner!!

Exalted Beauty said...

We do wish you had been here! And I saved a hat for you! :)

Leah said...

holy cow, you really went all out! great job on all the party decorations and everything!

Exalted Beauty said...

Thanks Leah! I kind of lost my mind but it was fun and I think I may put all that Carnival research to use in a new art venture... maybe... Glad you stopped by! Hope all is well with your little one! :) Amy

Liz McCoy said...

AWESOME PARTY!!! We're doing an outdoor carnival party for my son's 3rd birthday in a couple of weeks. I've been scouring the internet for project ideas.

I am IN LOVE with your carousel cupcake stands. I want to make something like that for centerpieces for the tables at my party could you share how you made them?

THanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. I just stumbled upon your blog while looking for ideas for my son's 3rd birthday party coming up. Everything you did is so awesome! Where did you find those fuzzy hats? I love them and would love to get some for my party. You can email me at bradyandbella@hotmail.com

Thank you so much!

Complicated Mama said...

OMG! This is the coolest bday party set up Ive seen!

I found your post while looking for some carnival bday party ideas.

I cannot even begin to imagine how long it took you to put all of it together!

If you have any tips to share please email me....complicatedcori ((at)) gmail ((dot)) com

ID love to know how you made the tent for the presents and stuff...did you painstakingly hand paint them all?

Susan Crabtree said...

just found your carnival party & I loved all your amazing details! I featured Cadens carnival on my blog this morning!

Anonymous said...

I love your carnival theme I am interested in how you made your different booths. Please email me back at malesia@att.net

Anonymous said...

I love your carnival theme I am interested in how you made your different booths and cupcakes stands.what di you use it looks great Please email me back at kassieysalazar12@yahoo.com

Kate said...

Everything is amazing! I too found your blog while searching for ideas for a carnival party for my son. Where did you find the photoboard? I have been searching for one online but haven't found anything so nice!
You can reach me at katherine.davis(at)gmail(dot)com
Thank you, and congratulations on making such a fun party!

Anonymous said...

You did an absolutely awesome job! I'm planning my daughter's 5th Birthday Carnival.

I'm looking for clown lollipops..Was wondering where you purchased your clown lollipops?

Thanks,
NJ Mom

Kassie Afo Feinga said...

Everything is beautiful.. would you mind sharing with me how you made the big tent and also the cupcake stands? The cake is amazing too.. did you do that?

LOVE LOVE LOVE everything!
xoxox

I'd love to know how you made these things, if you could email me at rkfeinga@yahoo.com if you're not too busy

Fawn Teresi said...

I am hoping you will still check this. I am currently trying to plan a circus/carnival themed party for my sons first birthday. How did you make the carousel cupcake holders and the big top tent in the living room. i have been trying to decide the best way to try and make a "big top" and fell in love with yours. if you could please email me at fawn.teresi@gmail.com i would really appreciate it!

What About Brandie. . . said...

I too would like instructions of the cardboard "Big Top" & carnival booths! Our Tessa is a winter baby & we will have to hold her carnival indoors & I TOTALLY love your booths & the gift Big Top! My email address is b_day@msn.com Thanks in advance for any help you can offer & congrats on a fab party!!

Cristna said...

Hi.I just stumbled upon your blog and I am blown away ! All the pictures are just awesome .It looked like a wonderful party. You are so imaginative and creative. Thanks for posting. I look forward to reading more of your blog.

Also, can you please tell me where you got the hats ? I would love to buy some like that for Carnival. Thanks so much !

C
cmrl4205@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hello, your party was wonderfully planned. I am amazed by all of the creative ways you came up with to really create a carnival experience. I was hoping you would share hoe the big top was made, where the presents were kept, and how each food stand and the carosel cupcake holders were made. I am helping a friend plan a carnival birthday party for her son. Please email me at llboogie81279@aol.com It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...Love love love your party

Sasha said...

That is an AMAZING party theme. Caden's a lucky little guy! I'm so inspired! I'm planning on using this theme for my daughter's first birthday and you've given me a few more ideas to work with. Thank you so much!

Walk N Waddle For Weingarten! said...

you are so creative! how did you create the ticket booth and food stands? I am creating a carnival for my daughter's school next weekend and need to make these!!!

The Purple Patch said...

Searching the net for inspiration for DS's bday and came across your site! What a fantastic party! I love the gift tent! Would you mind sharing how you made it?

im_oneoeight@yahoo.com

Thanks! ~Lisa

Anonymous said...

I really love all the photos I'm instersted to know how u did the booths and cupcake stand I'm doing my son party july 14 email me please at omarion58@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Where did you find the photo booth background with the face cut-outs? This is wonderful - thanks for inspiring my own carnival party!

Cheryl Tespino said...

I loved all of your carnival decorations! I am mostly fond of your cupcake stands. How did you make them? They look so adorable! Pls. kindly email me at cherylte3@yahoo.com Thanks!

Cheryl