Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Inspiration: Marilyn Monroe

I think Marilyn Monroe is the ultimate Exalted Beauty! Here are a few inspirational images I found of the famed icon in the LIFE photo archive:



Photographer: J. R. Eyerman



Photographer: Ed Clark



Photographer: Ed Clark



Photographer: Alfred Eisenstaedt



Photographer: Alfred Eisenstaedt

Here are some Marilyn Monroe books that I thought you might find inspirational:

Marilyn Monroe: A Life in Pictures

Marilyn Monroe: Private and Undisclosed

Marilyn: Her Life in Her Own Words

(BTW - My search of the LIFE archives wasn’t totally random - I had hoped to present the LIFE images and article featuring my grandmother but I was unable to find them. My step-mother has a copy of the magazine somewhere but I’ve yet to collect the date of the publication to do a more accurate search in the LIFE archives. I’ll share those as soon as I can.)

1 comment:

Miachelle said...

GASP!!! I am a huge MM fan--and I have a number of books on her. Ok...now I really can't wait to see more of what is behind this research! How are you?