Thursday, January 29, 2009

Jackson Pollock



Okay, so this post has little to do with the actual Jackson Pollock and more to do with the fact that my son Caden, has, without prior knowledge of the afore mentioned famous artist, taken up action painting! Last night I discovered that my darling boy has (over the course of a week) been creating a splashy masterpiece with MILK on my bedroom wall! I’m assuming he looked a little like the master himself (pictured above). Do you suppose it was winter boredom in combination with spastic male energy that inspired Jackson Pollok’s renowned art movement? Am I to congratulate Caden on his creative brilliance or simply forbid him from having beverages in my bedroom? If I happened to be an Earth Mother type, perhaps I would be better able to foster his artistic genius, but unfortunately for him (despite my own artistic proclivities), am more the anal-retentive type, who, in the heat of the moment, couldn’t get past the destructive aspect or the smell of spoiled milk. I’m feeling guilty today and wondering what sort of indulgence I will bestow upon him to assuage my guilt. I wouldn’t want to live with the fact that I squelched his artistic potential…