Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Small Works Competition

By the way, I haven’t spent all of the New Year pondering and pontificating! I’ve actually been working like a mad woman on some new Poppy Paintings. I’m hoping to present three new pieces for submission to the National Association of Women Artist’s 2009 “National Small Works Exhibition” competition.

Accepted works will be shown at:
N.A.W.A. Gallery
80 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1405
New York, NY 10011
February 26 – March 20, 2009

The Top Award is a Solo show at N.A.W.A.’s Fifth Avenue Gallery. 4 Runners up will receive a copy of “An Artist’s Handbook – Materials and Techniques” by Margaret Krug and a Cash Prize.

While winning the solo exhibition at the Fifth Avenue Gallery would be a dream, I would be happy just to be awarded a place in the show! Last year’s small works submission was rejected so I’m feeling the pressure! The competition is fierce (open to all U.S. women, 18 and older) and the clock is ticking! The mail-in deadline is THIS Saturday, January 10th!

Stay tuned! I’ll need your help choosing the three pieces to submit. I’ll post the new paintings as they are completed and photographed. I can't wait to hear your picks! Wish me luck!

No comments: