Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Caden is very eager to go to his Valentine’s Day party at pre-school today. He was so excited he actually woke up an hour and a half ahead of schedule yelling “It’s Friday!” The kids have been learning love songs, making Valentine’s themed crafts and much anticipation surrounds the giving and receiving of the Valentine’s Day cards. I’ve been told that a few of the girls are making him something extra special. So when Caden and I went shopping I was looking for that special something to give in return, only to be disappointed by the selection out there. Well, I was anyway. Caden actually seemed pleased with the Lego Racer themed sticker puzzles he picked out, but he obviously knows nothing about what a girl wants! So of course, not wanting my son to disappoint his female admirers, I decided we needed to MAKE cards!

Here is the end result of the 2009 Mother and Son Valentine’s Day Card Collaborative:

Cover:



Interior:



Hearts, candy and Lego Racers; what girl wouldn’t be thrilled with that on Valentine’s Day? Seriously, how cute is that?

To learn more about the history of Valentine’s Day click HERE


Have a Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I want one!!!! Caden be MY Valentine!!! :0)