Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fraser Family

We just had the most AMAZING weekend with my family! My cousin Alex and his wife Pam, and their incredible children came here from Indiana to stay with us for some very exciting Fraser family events! I was so thrilled that they were able to arrive on Friday in time for the AVA opening! Which was a Blast! It was really special to have them all there and to share my friends and Jody’s family with them! We also enjoyed sharing our home and town with mountain hikes, a tour of Kimball Union Academy and even a trip to the local swimming hole! And I can’t tell you how much I loved the early morning walks with Pam (she couldn’t be nicer or more fabulous!). However, the main purpose of their visit was the Fraser Family Reunion where 75 Fraser’s gathered together in the Vermont homeland. Our cousin Rob was the mastermind behind the event and really had it planned to the minute. Unfortunately we were late and missed some of the big moments, er like the MEAL and the family photo! But overall it was great to see all the clan members and get a real perspective on our heritage/lineage. We had another smaller Fraser get together at our place that was lots of fun with Alex making *Big Meat* and sharing his fabulous new signature hot sauce! My awesome cousin Shana and her husband Lee and their adorable gang of heathens were here as well as my Dad and Step-Mother and my favorite Uncle John, *Aussie* and Carol! It was SO much fun! The kids seemed like they had a great time and I know it was an experience Caden will never forget. Its times like these when you realize how unbelievably important it is to get to know your family and truly share with your children who you are and where and what you come from so they have a better sense of self, roots and connection. Yes I’m still experiencing a bit of emotional overload!

Here are a few shots of the cutest *Fraser* kids ever:















We had the best time and are looking forward to doing it again soon!
:)

No comments: