Thursday, October 27, 2011

Update

Life has been an absolute blur since Caden’s Birthday. The construction project has been quite involved, the building process consumed the last seven weeks of weekends, but I am happy to report that it is almost finished and looking oh so splendid. Our carpenter Dick Eastman was a real trooper about my weekly whims and changes and executed all with the calmness and patience of a saint. We are unbelievably thrilled with how it turned out, it’s seriously magnificent. All that I need to do now is paint! More on that in the near future…

On weekdays when I haven’t been shopping for mantel do-dads and pondering molding styles, I have been working diligently on my Hare Terra project. I’ve been drawing my brains out, but each new drawing makes me think of one more image/idea that I would like to include in the series. It’s frustrating, but I’m committed to seeing this through to wherever it leads. I have hope that it will all make sense soon and that I can start painting these in early 2012. Keeping my fingers crossed…

And of course, the primary focus of busy blurry days being our very energetic boy; Caden has kept us hopping with soccer, school events, play dates, sleepovers and slumber parties and raising a colony of Sea Monkeys. He’s also been very busy earning those rewards by kicking butt on math tests and in general having a wonderfully new and improved attitude toward homework. However this enthusiasm means extra work for his Mama as I am now required to design practice tests and come up with inspiring ways in which to discover and learn new vocabulary during the weekly word challenge. In addition Caden is still pursuing his scientific study of animals. We’ve been consuming a plethora of national geographic type documentaries and finding information at the library on all of his newest favorite animals. Most recently Caden has been captivated by the life and times of the elusive Wolverine. During School’s latest Open House, Caden discovered that his teacher had actually seen a real life Wolverine in person when she was in Alaska (Wow-we she totally just moved up yet another notch on the idol belt!).

In other news, Jody’s Grammy Jo recently passed and we were all deeply saddened by the passing of this amazing woman. Everyone who ever met her was affected by her sparkling personality and her vivacious glowing positive energy. She was truly a pillar of her community, a spiritual, soulful, generous, kind and beautiful person. She will be missed.

Up next: Halloween Goodness, Stay Tuned.

No comments: