Monday, December 26, 2011

Gingerbread House

Caden really wanted to do a Gingerbread House this year. It all started because I was burning some Gingerbread scented candles one afternoon. He came home from school smelling the Gingerbread goodness and was seriously disappointed to discover that I hadn’t actually made real Gingerbread cookies. I knew we were already going to be on overload with our lengthy craft project list so I thought it would be best if we didn’t add another big project to the heap, so instead, for the sake of time and my sanity, we purchased a pre-baked kit (ugh). Despite my opinions about the kit and wishing I was somehow able to scrape up the time and energy to do a Gingerbread masterpiece from scratch; Caden had an absolutely fantastic time and made what he referred to as a blibbity blob motif. Here’s a look at Caden’s solo Gingerbread project:





Caden was super happy with the end result and had fun in the making so I’m even happier because I didn’t foolishly add to the Holiday Stress! Good all around. Yes, I’m working on “Letting Go” and attempting to allow Caden more opportunities to be *just be a kid* and not impose my controlling type A drill sergeant routine on those moments that are just supposed to be fun. See, growing, learning, there’s hope for me yet!

No comments: