Friday, December 30, 2011

Year End Review

2011 has been a quiet year for me as far as having work to show. I opted out of all of my exhibition invitations and external projects in 2011 with plans to FOCUS on my Legend of Hare Terra project. Somehow I (irrationally) decided it was necessary to complete the Exalted Beauty Empress Medallion collection first, I have this thing where I hate to leave projects hanging. Anyway, what I didn’t know was that the months of January, February, March, April and part of May would be consumed with completing the new medallions. It was dreadful. I’m thinking that the Empress collection might rank as one of my top ten most grueling experiences ever. At the end of May when the 300 Empress pieces were finally beaded, cataloged, and boxed, I was so over the whole medallion thing that I also opted not to do any medallion parties or promotions of any kind. Instead of doing something practical with my new fabulous inventory, I went straight to work on The Legend of Hare Terra project. I have been blissfully working on that ever since, dedicating hundreds upon hundreds of hours to this one project and quietly keeping it to myself. I may even be in the midst of a life changing experience. Of course, not all of my time was spent in the studio; I did have minor interruptions in the creative time line for the multitude of other things I shared here on the blog. For instance I shared many delightful moments with my family, Caden’s sports, the gardening and house projects, vacations, Caden’s Birthday, Caden’s Halloween costume, lots of floral photography and of course Caden’s crafting. I will have art to share in 2012, I promise, I’ll post a more in-depth elucidation of Hare Terra in the near future. In the meantime, I have some serious baking and last minute wrapping to do. We have two more holiday events scheduled and then I’ll be back in the studio on January 2nd. Have a Happy Happy Wonderful New Year!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Toasting to 2012! Miss you AHme