Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Year End Review



2013 was not at all the year I was expecting it to be! I had plans to work full time on The Legend of Hare Terra project but somehow got side tracked. I started with the best of intentions, I continued to eliminate distractions by refusing exhibition invitations and medallion party requests, I even stopped checking in on Facebook and e-mail. But somehow, instead of working on the project I’ve been struggling to find time to work on since 2009, I ended up decorating my house. Then, painting the 18 pieces in the Woodland Portrait series, as well as the other 18 decorative paintings for the AEFMA! Before I knew it – it was July! And of course summer is always hectic around here with Caden out of school and friends and family visiting… Then, due to my own ridiculous “self surgery” I ended up spending quite a bit of time at the hospital with *Festus* (otherwise known as Septic Bursitis). Between that, and Caden’s sports and camps, the gardening and house projects (including the instillation of The AEFMA) I actually did get started on the Hare Terra paintings. I really did! In July. But as luck would have it, I was soon distracted with various summer vacation stuff, like our trip to Maine and the crisis/reality check of my 40th birthday! Yes, on top of being easily distracted by shiny things, I also have moments of being a vain and frivolous human being! Whaaa! Then there was the whole House Rabbit thing, which honestly is just barely starting to settle down (I will write more about Melvin and Henry soon). Ugh, so yeah, I sound like a total flake, but I’m learning to accept that it’s just life! It’s ME! I had great times with my family and friends, and I did get some painting done - including 7 new Hare Terra paintings, so overall 2013 was really not too bad! That is, if I can get over not being a raging success in the art world J Seriously, I’m just hoping for a more organized 2014! And as always, I am once again starting the New Year with the best of intentions!

I hope you all have a very Happy 2014!

No comments: