Friday, January 03, 2014

The Legend of Hare Terra

Here is a look at where I am with The Legend of Hare Terra:

All 12 Legend of Hare Terra paintings By:
Artist: Amy E. Fraser
Date: 2009-2013
Size: 20” x 28”
Medium: Acrylic on Watercolor Paper

(For a limited time you can visit AEFraser.com for a larger view.)

With various time constraints (and distractions) I found that so far I have been averaging only one finished painting a month! I’m feeling extremely discouraged by this because there are still around 100 finished sketches in the Hare Terra series that I would very much like to paint. As frustrating as this reality check has been, I still feel like it’s worth it. To quote my husband “give it a year, see how you feel then”. Perseverance, commitment, dedication… all good things, slow and steady wins the race, right? Commendable or just insane? Only one way to find out… whatever the case, I am hoping desperately that it doesn’t take a decade to figure it out!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Amy, your work is absolutely beautiful. Do not worry about the rate at which you are working. Just keep reveling in the work. (So the rest of us can, too!)