Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Hare Terra Update


I am still working diligently on my Hare Terra painting series. I have completed over 100 Hare Terra related paintings and still have hundreds of ideas and immeasurable enthusiasm for the project, so I continue... However, I must ask forgiveness for not sharing as I have in the past. I feel unbelievably flattered as many of you have been asking where my recent work is, why I am not posting on my blog and when am I finally going to start sharing? As I’ve been promising to do so for years... I sincerely do apologize and I appreciate and miss your input, in fact I could really use some now! But nonetheless, I am going to have to keep the project a mystery (mostly due to the fact that I am still not sure what I plan to do with the end result). If (and that’s a big if) I decide to publish The Legend of Hare Terra in any form, then I am told that the work can’t have been previously published. Apparently this blog counts as published… Long story short, the images end up all over the internet, blabity blah blah… so… I’m going for *Mysterious* and hoping you will still be interested in seeing what I’ve been creating… that is, whenever I decide that it is finally finished!

Other then painting, life remains pretty much as it’s been, happy and quiet. I am, as always, consumed with my husband and son and have little interaction beyond the bubble of our little world. I am sure my life would bore most, but I am unbelievably content with this peace. I recently discovered that I score high on the Introvert scale, somehow knowing this and learning about Introverts (which by the way, includes my son, husband and best friend), makes my life-wants-wishes and desires, make more sense. Small things bring me joy, such as my current bread baking obsession, creating old school hand kneaded artisan breads, no machines (French loaves on the rise at this very moment!). The variety and quality of the results have been expanding – right along with my waist line! But to counteract all of that carby goodness, I am now also busy gardening, fussing extensively over *The Potager* and keeping my fingers crossed against slug invasion. Melvin and Henry will be furious if all of the specialty greens I planted for them don’t come to fruition! You would not believe how dreadfully spoiled they have become. Jasmine (yes, she is still alive) and Tonka are less difficult but have proven the bunnies are not the only demanding divas in the house. Speaking of our critters, you would be completely amazed to see how our wild animal sanctuary has grown, not only do we have our usual cast of chipmunks, squirrels, raccoons, skunks, deer, porcupines, coyotes, foxes, hawks, owls, etcetera, but now we have a bear and a bobcat hanging out! So beautiful! I can’t express how happy this makes me or describe how much fun I’ve been having playing Snow White with all of my woodland friends. I have been lucky enough to capture a few photos, not awesome National Geographic type shots, but since I can’t share my paintings, maybe you might enjoy seeing a bit of our world. I’ll post pictures next. Stay Tuned!

No comments: